Wolters Kluwer Salesforce Technical Lead in Riverwoods, Illinois
Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
The technical lead for SFDC works with various business partners, projects managers, functional analysts, system analysts, quality assurance and production support teams to deliver on various initiatives supporting SFDC implementations and setting up the Salesforce.com support competence center. This will include translating business requirements into Salesforce.com solutions, writing detailed requirements, creating detailed design, implementing the same, and providing production support. Activities include basic system support, troubleshooting, configuration, development, general operations and maintenance of the various Salesforce platforms.
1) Lead requirements and design review sessions of Salesforce.com functional and technical modules including those requiring APEX development.
2) Design, Develop and Implement technical design/solutions for initiatives involving:
Enhancements to the CRM, or use of Salesforce.com modules
Perform issue resolution
Configuration for our Salesforce.com implementation projects specific to each business unit.
3) Analyze technical specifications and documentation of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
4) Create and implement solution design(s) which provides optimal application performance according to specifications.
5) Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing: Unit, System, Regression, Load, and Acceptance testing.
6) Test any new Salesforce.com software (upgrades, system fixes, and applications additions) to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
7) Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
8) Communicate progress of various initiatives to project stakeholders and management.
9) Ensure that all delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines.
10) Will provide needed support for any production support services and/or issues as they arise.
11) Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established standards for:
Information system performance
Development and communication to stakeholders with corresponding documentation of activity performed.
12) Make recommendations for improvement of the Salesforce.com application to enhance project management, system requirements, development to all quality assurance and production support teams.
13) Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
14) Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems/-applications.
15) Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
16) Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals.
17) Assist in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance -systems, processes, and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place.
18) Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantages to customers in a compelling and articulate manner, performing speeches, and writing formal presentations.
19) Must be able to prepare on-target project deliverables without heavy supervision.
20) Must be comfortable conducting training and running effective meetings with stakeholders.
21) Develop Salesforce.com reports & dashboards.
Salesforce.com System Duties will include:
22) Interaction with -business process owners to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements ensuring that the resulting technology is delivered accurately, on time, and on budget.
23) Monitor Salesforce.com cloud application capacity, license management, utilization and testing.
24) Support new platform selections and implementations.
25) Lead and Mentor technical staff whose support is needed to build and/or deploy salesforce.com solutions.
Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative. Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation.
Required: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Computer Science or MBA
Experience: Minimum 6+ years of broad Information Technology experience:
Minimum of 3+ years' experience in documenting and writing functional solution designs and creating detailed technical designs for Salesforce.com.
Minimum of 2+ years' experience in creating Salesforce.com technical designs, involving configuration setup and coding in APEX.
Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com functional and technical best practices and methodologies.
CPQ knowledge (Apttus, Steelbrick) is considered an advantage
Minimum of 3 years' experience in SQL and performance tuning of the same for systems utilizing RDBMS.
Experience in designing and implementing a test data management strategy
Experience in data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills with attention to details
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience including presentations to senior management, peer groups and associates
Experience working in a team-oriented- environment demonstrating strong collaboration skills -
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
Agile project methodology experience preferred, however, experience with Scrum, Lean, or Waterfall methodologies, are acceptable
Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology and procedures
Demonstrated on-time and on-budget system delivery skills and experience
Strong knowledge of organization policies and procedures
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
Salesforce Administrator certification (Administrator, Advanced Administrator)
Salesforce.com Developer certification
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled